Monday, December 8, 2008

Education and Technology by Steve Dembo

http://www.teach42.com/2008/12/06/the-networked-student-in-plain-english/WOW! What an organized, self determined, technological student! I am wondering how much input his teacher had; being that he is only in highschool. I don't think I knew how to e-mail in highschool, let alone be that connected. This YouTube video goes to show how much the highschools have evolved, and really over a short period of time. I still am leary about how to determine the validity of sites. When I have my students research, I am now aware that sites may give false accounts. I am having them research the origin of the Christmas Stocking. I did my research first, and found several sites with the same story, so I am just checking by numbers. That is not a very effective tool. Hopefully as I am evolving into technology Ill not only know how to e-mail (ha...ha...), but I'll know when information is accurate! Thanks for sharing this site :) Jeannette

No comments: